lunedì 1 dicembre 2008

Predictable in a perfect way

I had an amazing weekend.

Thanksgiving: I spent the day with family. Drank wine with my parents, ate tons of food and then went out to this mini party where I met a few new people and reconnected with some people I'd met before. You know what? It was tons of fun. Nothing extraordinary happened. We sat around and talked/told jokes for the whole night. It wasn't even really a party because we didn't have music playing and no one was drinking. (Ok, I guess we were just hanging out but it's just easier to say it was a "party.") Anyway, It was a good night.

Black Friday: I decided that I would not partake in Black Friday shopping. Honestly, I'm so over all this present crap. I know I've been saying this for a couple of years now, but I mean it this year. I don't want anyone to feel like they need to buy me a present because, honestly, they don't. If it makes you happy, then by all means do so (I'm a size 11.5 shoe, 28Wx32L, s or xs shirt). All I want for Christmas is not some dvd; it's not even my two front teeth. What I want for Christmas is time with the people I care about. Let's go watch a movie or to a park or to an ice skating rink. Let's have finner or play or a board game. I really don't care. DVDs get scratched, cars get totaled, wool sweaters shrink, but people tend to last a little longer.

......which brings me to the next portion.

Family: I know I was seperating this by days but, you know what, this is my blog. I make the rules and these rules say I can change the categories on a whim. After spending a day in my pajamas, I went to the movies with my family. We saw Twilight and Four Christmases. Twilight was absolutely adorable. I loved it. It was everything I thought it would be. Four Christmases was a pleasant surprise, however. The movie was very honest, I thought. It dealt with a lot of the issues that I think I'll be dealing with in the next decade. Without getting into too much detail, it was a good movie. My family and I enjoyed the movies and then discussed them over a nice dinner.

Saturday: I spent more than FIVE HOURS at school working editting and laying out the page that I'm responsible for in the J101 edition of the school newspaper. I know I like to say that I hate school and that I would much rather be home.... but I had fun. I totally get along with the staff and would honestly love working for the newspaper. I really feel like I would fit in there. When we were done for the day, I headed home for a while before going out with Cierra. We went to the movies where we saw Role Models. FUUUUUUUUUUUN-NY. I could not stop laughing during that movie and I totally enjoyed hanging out with Cierra. Near the end of the movie, Edgar texted me to ask me if I wanted to go Rage. Soooooo, I went. I <3 Rage. Got to dance the night away and spend some time with one of my favorite mo's.

Today was just kinda boring. I woke up at 3 pm and worked on my article for a couple hours and then I realised that the UC application was due today. I scrambled onto the website and started to work on it. I took a few carefully planned breaks and even ate dindin with the fam. I was feeling pretty good at 11:45 because I had just finished writing my last personal statment. Then, IT happened. My computer froze. The screen just froze when I tried to go to the next screen. I had finished everything and now the screen had frozen right before I could actually submit it. I scrambled onto myt desktop computer and quickly redid the essay portion of the application and submitted it as fast as I could but, between switching computers and rewriting the essays from memory, I didn't "officially" submit it till 12:01. Moral of the story: Don't put it off till the last minute. I just hope they still take it because I was logged onto the system before midnight. I don't know. I'll call in tomorrow and ask. For now, I'm.... I don't think I'll sleep now. I have to be up a little earlier than usual in order to catch the bus. At this point, It'd just be easier for me to stay awake until then and drink a redline at noon when I'll get SUPER sleepy. I guess I'll just write my opinion piece for the newspaper in the meantime. I should be able to get it done by 6.

Nessun commento: